TIPS FOR YOUR MOVING
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR AN AFFORDABLE AND STRESS-FREE MOVING
The preparation of your moving starts a few weeks before the scheduled date. Getting a quote is the first step to carry out. Booking your removal at least two months before ensuring a wider range of possible dates; especially in summer to avoid last minute changes or extra payments. The packaging materials (cartons, air bubble tape, scotch tape) is often supplied by the moving company, but it is important to specify it in your quote.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO CHECK:
WHO TO NOTIFY WHEN YOU MOVE TO A NEW HOUSE
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU MOVE TO A NEW HOUSE
WHAT TO DO BEFORE MOVING TO A NEW HOUSE
TIPS FOR YOUR MOVING
- One of the main tips we can give you to carry out your moving is to start a month before by packaging the thing you do not want to use as books, dishes and glasses, clothes of the past season.
- Write on the closing tape of each box its contents: once arrived at your new place, you will need something that is still inside the boxes; this trick will be very helpful.
- Pay particular attention to medicines and your valuables: keep them always with you.
- Check the storage of your medicines and keep them away from children.
- Contact a plumber for a visit at your new place at least the day after your arrival: the gas/electricity connections can only be carried out by qualified companies.
- The last boxes will contain crucial material, for this reason, you have to specify the content even better on these boxes that will be your emergency kit during the moving.
- Two weeks before moving, begin to consume the frozen foods to avoid throwing the content of your freezer.
- Three or four days before, it is advisable to start consuming the other foods contained in the refrigerator, to clean it carefully.
- Disassemble the satellite dish (this step is very often forgotten).
- Contact a baby-sitter and make one or two copies of your new key sets.
- Carry out meter reading when leaving the old house, turn off and close all the general utilities meters.